Business ~ JAN 13, 2021
How do you motivate yourself for business success in 2021?
Here are a few strategies you can employ to get your mindset right and set you on the path to achieving business success
For many business owners/entrepreneurs, 2020 was a tough year. For many South African business owners, the current adjusted Level 3 lockdown is just more of the same. But this is crucial: As a business owner you must be able to motivate yourself to achieve your business goals in this new year.
Unfortunately, many business owners are feeling anything but motivated. Here are a few strategies you can employ to get your mindset right and set you on the path to achieving business success:
- Learn from the lessons of 2020. As brutal as 2020 was for businesses, there were also a lot of lessons that we should have learnt. If there are any lessons you learnt from 2020, take these with you into the New Year and apply them. This will help you to prepare your business for future possible crises that may arise.
- Re-adjust your vision for ultimate business success. The pandemic changed the business landscape irrevocably. Whatever your vision was for your business before the pandemic, that may now have to be re-adjusted in order to be relevant for the new context.
- Create a daily mental routine that you can follow consistently, where you visualize your success. What daily activities can you incorporate that will help you to get clear on your goals and what success would look like for you?
- Get the coaching support you need to help keep you accountable and on track. If you battled during 2020, you will need help to get back on track in the new year. Investing in coaching support is one of the best strategies you can use, especially at the start of the year.
- Start with identifying and achieving the small goals to build momentum, and gradually build up to the bigger goals. For success in any business, momentum is the key. The best way to generate momentum quickly is to focus first on achieving smaller goals, and then progress towards the bigger ones.
- Most importantly, stop paying too much attention to the mainstream media, and rather focus on watching/listening to/reading content that will be constructive and productive for you and your business. Most of what’s in the mainstream media is negativity, propaganda and brainwashing. There is very little that is actually constructive or motivating for business owners. It makes sense therefore, that if you want to have a positive and motivated mindset going into 2021, you need to limit your exposure to mainstream media.
With this I wish all of you a successful and prosperous 2021. I look forward to engaging with you again during the year.